Texting Emergency Services

Texting Emergency Services


The emergency SMS service lets deaf, hard of hearing and speech-impaired people in the UK send an SMS text message to the UK 999 service where it will be passed to the police, ambulance, fire rescue, or coastguard.

Simply by sending an SMS message to 999 you can call for help and the emergency services will be able to reply to you.

You will need to register your mobile phone before using the emergency SMS service.



To register using SMS text messages you must:

  1. Send the word ‘register’ in an SMS message to 999
  2. You will then receive SMS messages about the service
  3. When you have read these SMS messages reply by sending ‘yes’ in an SMS message to 999
  4. You will receive a SMS message telling you that your mobile phone is registered or if there is a problem with your registration
One Voice Advocacy service

One Voice Advocacy service

whacs-frontOne Voice provides a professional advocacy service for disabled adults.

Any adult who is a Wolverhampton citizen, and has a long term impairment, or has a mental health issue, a learning disability, or considers themselves a disabled person, can use this free professional service, staffed by fully trained experienced disabled advocates.