wolverhampton advocacy service

helping you to help yourself
The Wolverhampton Advocacy Service (WAS) is a free professional advocacy service for adults from any of these groups:

Disabled People
Family Carers
Older People
People with substance misuse issues

You must be a Wolverhampton Citizen to get the service.

Your advocate can come and see you at a time that suits your needs. We can make appointments between 9am and 7pm in the week, and on Saturday mornings.

Someone like a social worker or family member can refer you, or you can refer yourself, by contacting us by web form


Contact us

Legal Challenge to PIP on Mental Illnesses

Omega Care is offering a series of free bereavement support groups; Share experiences and learn from others in similar situations Discover new coping skills and begin to focus on the future Develop your own plan for moving forward with life   Friday 21st October 2016...

read more

A Wolverhampton Christmas Carol

The   Alzheimer's Society is putting on another of their fabulous Christmas Carol concerts in aid of people with Dementia tonight. Their annual Carol Concert will be returning to St Johns in the square, Wolverhampton on the 14 December! Come and join in for a magical...

read more

orange ribbon day

Today is orange ribbon day. It is the United Nations International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women. It takes place during a 16 day campaign against on gender-based violence between 25th November and 10th of December And ask us to - turn the world...

read more

Universal Credit in wolverhampton

Wolverhampton will start full Universal Credit from 13th December 2017. This will effect all new claimants It will start at some parts of Wolverhampton postcodes before others because that is how Jobcentre Plus works. For example,  WV3 postcodes will go to full...

read more

PIP – Changes in guidance to DWP

Penny Mordaunt MP, Minister of State for Disabled People, Health and Work, has, this month made some changes to the guidance for the DWP about how they decide whether someone can do something safely and whether they require supervison which will help quite a few...

read more

Pension Changes

The Government is bringing forward the plan to increase the pension age. People who reach pension age between 2037-39 will be able to retire when they are 68. The government is doing this because the cost of pensions is getting much greater, because people are living...

read more

Adult Care Charges consultation

The City of Wolverhampton Council wants people to have a say about proposals to revise its policy on contributions towards non-residential adult social care. This consultation runs until 26 November 2017 and the proposals are set out here:. You can download an...

read more

Tell Healthwatch about your medical services

Have you accessed any health or social care services during 2017 so far, such as attending a GP Appointment, or visiting your local hospital, dentist or pharmacy, or visiting a relative in a nursing or care home? If so Healthwatch Wolverhampton would really appreciate...

read more